Find some of the most frequently asked questions below and their corresponding answers.
1. How much will my property lease for?
The most frequently asked question… How much will my property lease for? Researching comparable properties is your first place to assess the current real estate market and what potential tenants are looking for, however, this is not the only way to conclude how your property is appraised.
2. When is the best time of the year to advertise my property?
At Leased and Sold we believe that the time of year in which your property is being leased or re-leased is vital. The advised time to advertise your property is between September to April.
What contributes is the fact that the weather is a key component in motivating potential tenants. Other factors include kids are being enrolled or are about to begin school as well as there is an increase in job opportunities around this time of year.
3. Which method of inspection would be most suitable?
You should choose an inspection method that best suits your needs. It is important to consider the privacy of your current tenant, the security of your property and safety of your property manager when you decide which method is appropriate.
4. How long will my property take to lease?
The length of time a rental property is on the market will reflect how it is priced to comparable properties, how it is presented to prospective tenants and the demand from the market for properties such as yours.
5. How do I attract the best tenant?
It is important for your property manager to find the best and most suitable tenant for your home. Each home is unique and offers something different, which can attract a certain type of occupier. The perfect tenant in our opinion is one who pays on time and maintains a clean and respectful home.
1. Should I talk with a bank before looking at properties?
Absolutely! Yes, yes, yes. There is plenty of reasons as to why the bank is the best place to start. They are essentially your financial guide as you plan the purchase of your home or investment.
2. Should I buy or continue to lease a property?
Buying a home in this day and age can be a big step. However, it can also be a very solid investment. With this being said, leasing a property can be very expensive considering you are paying someone else’s mortgage. Regardless it is important to consider your current situation when making this decision.
3. How many homes should I look at before making an offer?
This is a common question, however, it comes down to being a personal choice. We advise you to visit multiple properties before making a commitment.
4. Should I buy another home before selling my current home?
There is no correct answer to this question, however, there are Pros and Cons in both instances. Should you require further assistance and guidance, Leased & Sold Estate Agents will be able to assist you in making an informed decision.
5. What should I offer the vendor when considering a property?
When you are thinking about purchasing a property, determining your offer is a big decision. Deciding on a figure to offer the vendor should involve both consulting the leading agent and establishing your own financial situation.
1. When is the best time to sell my property?
The real estate market is forever changing, therefore, deciding when to sell your property will ultimately depend on your own personal situation. In saying this, at Leased & Sold we believe, that the spring months is generally a more popular time to sell a property, however, our experience and determination to get the best price for your property at any time of year, will allow you to feel at ease knowing that there will always be a successful outcome.
2. How is the real estate market right now?
The real estate market is constantly changing and evolving, however, our team of professionals will advise and assist you with this question.
3. What steps should I take to prepare my property for sale?
When preparing your property for sale, it is important to ensure that you take the following first steps:
- Maintain a clean and inviting property
- Remove any clutter
- Keep things simple with regards to décor and furnishings
Your professional agent will discuss with you other options such as hiring a professional interior decorator to “stage” the property and take professional photos.
Key an eye out for our online blog, as this is where we will discuss other ideas to prepare your property in order to get the best result.
4. How much is my home worth?
Leased & Sold will provide you with a list of comparable sale prices within a close radius to your property. With this information, both yourself and your sales professional will discuss what your property is worth and therefore advertise accordingly.
Everyone has their own idea on how much their home is worth, however, what needs to be considered is both the market trends and recent comparable sales in your area and the condition of your property.
If you are interested in finding out how much your home is worth, follow the link below and a Leased & Sold sales professional will contact you for a FREE market appraisal.
5. How does the inspection phase work?
Inspections are another common way to generate buyers to your property. This allows your Leased & Sold sales professional to present your property to potential buyers at a designated time and discuss the positive attributes of your property.
1. How do I schedule an inspection?
To schedule an inspection for a property, contact Leased & Sold via our website link or you can contact us directly on 03 9388-8879. A portfolio manager will discuss with you potential inspection times to suit you or if need be, a private inspection is another option that can be explored.
2. How do I apply for a property?
There are 3 effective ways to apply for a Leased & Sold advertised property.
- Connect to realestate.com.au and complete an online application form.
- Click the APPLY NOW button below on our website and complete the application form.
- Contact our portfolio manager who will be able to provide you with an application form at the open for inspection which you can complete and return back to our office.
3. How long will it take to know if my application has been successful?
Your application is a high priority to us and we will have it processed within 24 to 48hrs as long as you have provided all the required documentation. However, occasionally it can take longer if we encounter any queries with your application.
4. I have never rented before and I don't have a rental history. What should I do?
You will not be discounted should you have no prior rental history. Your portfolio manager will request from you a letter outlining where you are currently living, how long you have lived there, and obtain a letter from the home owner you are living with to verify this e.g. a letter from your parents
5. What happens if my application is approved? What is the next step?
If your application is approved you will be asked to pay a bond. This secures the property and then ensures all advertising for the property is taken down.